At the BCUC, we are responsible for ensuring customers receive safe, reliable services at fair rates from the entities we regulate.
We are responsible for the regulation of energy utilities, as well as universal compulsory automobile insurance.
Crown-Owned Electric Utilities
Investor-Owned Electric Utilities
Investor-Owned Natural Gas, Thermal Energy or Propane Utilities
Investor-Owned Steam Heat Utility
Compulsory Automobile Insurance
Thermal Energy Systems
Below you will find helpful information from some businesses we regulate. Not all the information provided here is created, maintained or controlled by the BCUC.
- Cost Calculator - Use BC Hydro’s cost calculator to find out the approximate electricity use and associated cost for running appliances, lighting and electronics in your home.
- Residential Energy Savings - Find information about avoiding an unexpected high bill and identifying ways to save.
- Customer Crisis Fund Pilot Program – Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions about BC Hydro’s 3-year Customer Crisis Fund Pilot Program.
- Saving Energy - Find information about saving energy at home or at your business.
- What affects your Autoplan premiums? - Find information about how ICBC calculates your premiums, and what discounts and savings might be available.